Shimla known as Queen of Hill Stations and summer capital of Himachal Pradesh. High hills, snow clad mountains and greenery welcome you to enjoy their timeless beauty. Shimla is one of the most visited tourist place in himachal Pradesh. Best thing about this place is you can visit it any season during a year. Here are some leading attraction of shimla where one can spend their holidays.
- The Ridge Mall: Ridge shimla is situated at the center of the town, which offer spectacular views of snow clad mountain peak. Ridge is open space spread from east to west along with the mall that is another famous tourist spot has many shopping complex offering many household items. If you are mountain and nature lover then this is your dream destination. Ridge is famous for Nature, Photography and Shopping. No Entry ticket required to see this place and its open from 8 AM to 6 PM.
- Jakhoo Temple : Jakhoo temple is another famous tourist destination in shimla, situated at Jakhoo Hills at the hight of 800 ft. This place is 2 KM far from shimla. Jakhoo temple is ancient Hanuman temple which has a large statue of Lord Hanuman around 108 feet tall. No entry fee to be payable to visit temple. Temple is open all days from 6am to 11am & 4pm to 8pm.
- The Mall Road: Located below the Ridge shimla, it is full with many shops, cafes, restaurants, book shops and many tourist attractions. Mouthwatering cuisines are offer in mall restaurants.
- Kalka Shimla Railway: kalka shimla railway is world heritage site along with the mountain railways of india. It was build in the year of 1889 to connect shimla with other railway line f india by british government. As that time shimla was summer capital of british emperor. This service run from kalka (Haryana) to shimla. It cross through many small and big tunnels and stops through many tourist places like solan, summer hill and many more.
- Christ Church: Christ church is one of the most beautiful part of shimla scenery located at the corner of Ridge. It was built in the year of 1857 and it took almost 3 year to complete this marvellous structure. The clock tower and the frescos are some of the attractions of this church. May bollywood movies shooting done inside this church like Black and 3 idiots.
- Indian Institute of Advance Study: The Indian institute of advance study or Rashtrapati niwas ishoused in the famous viceregal lodge situated on top of the observatory hill. This historic building was constructed between 1880 and 1888 during british government .
- Summer Hill: This place “Summer Hill” is located on the outskirts of shimla, also known as potter’s hill. In the old days decades ago potters used to gather clay to make pots. This part is 5 Km from shimla.
- Kufri: Kufri is located 17Kms away from shimla. At an altitude of 2510 meters and in the Himalayan foothills., the hill station delights nature lovers and adventurers alike.